Tattoo Aftercare Instructions
The first 3 weeks of tattoo aftercare are very important.
- Wash your hands with a mild unscented liquid soap before ever touching your tattoo.
- Leave tattoo bandaged for at least six hours or over night (use discretion).
- Soak bandage in warm water for easier removal. It is normal to find blood and ink.
- After you wash your hands gently wash your tattoo (in the shower) using only your fingertips, mild unscented liquid soap and hot water. Keep washing it gently until any ointment, excess ink and dried blood are completely removed from the tattoo.
- Let the tattoo air dry or gently pat it dry with a clean towel. Do not wipe it.
- With clean hands apply a small amount of mild unscented lotion. We suggest Eucerin or Cetaphil.
- Blot off any excess lotion with a clean dry paper towel.
- Continue using small amounts of lotion throughout the day (just often enough to keep your tattoo from drying out).
- Continue this process daily until your tattoo is completely healed.
- Do not rebandage your tattoo.
- Do not allow clothing or socks to rub against your tattoo.
- Do not scratch your tattoo if it itches.
- Do not pick at your tattoo whether it scabs or not.
- Do not expose your tattoo to the sun or tanning booths for at least three weeks. After your tattoo is completely healed use a 50 spf sun block any time your tattoo is exposed to direct sunlight. This will help keep it from fading.
- Do not soak in hot tubs, baths, swimming pools or even saunas for at least three weeks.
- Do not listen to your friends.